Monday, November 15, 2010

IP Man

Sometimes you see something in passing (IP = In Passing) that strikes you as done well even if it wasn't intentionally done so.

After working with a customer a few days back some of the shirts and ties that were left in disarray were the lilac shirt with this blue and brown stripped tie lying on top. I thought it looked lovely together and came up with this look.  Pairing it with a navy striped suit, unfortunately the exposure of the camera doesn't correctly reflect the blended look of the ensemble but as I was mainly trying to show the combination of the lilac shirt with the blue and brown of the tie I let it slide.

First I show the tie and shirt together showing how it works.



Next with the suit without a square:



Finally with a pastel floral square:  This particular square picks up the lilac of the shirt and matches well with the blue of the suit.



If you felt the square was a little too Summery I show a darker one here.  The browns of the square Winterize the look and i like the brown burg of the square with the suit. (The pic is not as clear as I thought it was, pardon me)



In play here:



Finally, as I am sure some of you were expecting something from the movie IP Man (amazing Martial Arts film) here are two great scenes from the movie:













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the Blog! Rest assured that I will get back to you!