Monday, October 19, 2009

A Letter of Recommendation

Today I received a letter of recommendation.  Well, it was not in the usual sense but it was a letter with an enclosed fabric swatch sent from way up North (North West to be precise) with a request for a Tie recommendation.

The fabric was a glen plaid flannel, a rather rich heavy cloth, to be used in an academic setting with a blue or beige or white shirt.  Both, Boring and Bold ties were acceptable so long as they werent with a "shiny" finish.

Here are some looks that I though worked.  A strong navy tie might also work here to give a bit of a pop.

For the squares, I alternated two squares depending on the tie and what it brought out.  Not having a pocket I was forced to present the layout as you see it.  Additionally as I started with some new Marinella stock (38 New Ties)  I hesitated to actually knot the tie and having begun that way, thats the way the post continued.

Readers will know my feelings on the versatility of grey and where it works so this post should in no way limit ones choices.

Oh and Mark...when you read this...thanks for your nice words.

Starting off with a really beautiful Marinella in Brownish grey with blue mini flowers, and to add some color to the jacket I used the burgundy square.  Again, for the rest I will let the pictures do the bulk of the talking.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the Blog! Rest assured that I will get back to you!