Tuesday, June 2, 2009

But Not Impossible

We ended yesterday with how sometimes it may be difficult to find a correct match to a nice sportscoat, and for the solution we went with the lining and the stitching/buttons on the coat.

As you get more comfortable, you can use your feel for colors. or better yet, ideas and concepts.

When you get a blues/greys/olives, go with color families.  Here the common ground will be earthy tones.  Olive, Blue, etc.  Complement accordingly.  The yellow shirt, Brown Tie, Rust and Green Square which are all earthy based (without looking like a tree I might add) make them a good combination.

Incidentally although I didnt mention this yesterday a navy pant is magnificient with this combo.



 

Same Square, Orange, teal and light blue striped tie.  An interestingly textured tie.



The navy in this tie picks up on the navy in the jacket.  Of course the greens working together is a natural.  The square provides a rich burst of color.



A softer blue tie.  Unfortunately the light didnt show this well, but in real life its less clear blue and more green tinged.

 

PS:  I tried to get the spelling right, dont kill me CG.

PPS:  I forgive you SM for swapping me out for Gear Patrol.  Gear Patrol?!?  On second thought...  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the Blog! Rest assured that I will get back to you!