Wednesday, November 4, 2009

3 up 3 down

PS(As in Pre Script):  If you noticed I added a tagger link on the right where you can Tag these posts on Delicious.com, please feel free to do so (yeah, spread the word, thanks!).

Anyway, I was informed that the following jacket which I have been labeling as a sports coat is in fact part of a suit but that would not make a difference here.

Here are some suggestions for the Black Check suit sent to me, I welcome thoughts and comments.  (Votes are nice too :-) )

I was torn between these two squares, the ovals or the painted Paisley in rust and Black  which I show in this shot.  Meanwhile I went with the one on the right, a rich favorite of mine.



This tie shows more red here in the pic but its a ruby red grapefruit color in actuality.  A rather rich color as well.





The burgundy cashmere/silk blend works but it doesn't much more than a subtle hello. (which is fine ;-) )



I love this tie, and I like the way that it gives color and life without having any burgundy in it. Its got greys, purple, rust and I think  it looks really nice here.  Quite probably my first choice with this jacket.



For some more on the subject, if you have been following my blog for a bit you will know that I posted about a similar jacket with similar coloration.  It was a Brioni suit but withlarger window panes.  Here is the post as well as here.  It bears looking over as I think the colors are similar even if the Brioni was more slated to a grey brown and this is a more distinct black check.

2 comments:

  1. Love that silk/cashmere blend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly have a great eye for style and make what otherwise might be less an interesting suit...pop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the Blog! Rest assured that I will get back to you!