Monday, November 30, 2009

Naughty and Nice

For the sake of clarity I wanted to elaborate on the brown suit/blue shirt and red tie comment I made yesterday where I stated that I thought it was too much in the color department. Immediately after I posted reader "Paul" questioned me on what I had written earlier about a red tie with a brown suit and a blue shirt where I mentioned and pictured a nice combination. I responded in comment that yes I thought it looked nice in the picture (which I will post below) but when the question of red/brown and blue was a good combo came up, I conjured up thoughts of a redder red and a browner brown and in my opinion that was a bad combo.

These red ties when placed with blue and brown are loud garish and poorly matched and call unwanted attention to the wearer. In my opinion they look cheap together.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="460" caption="Naughty"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="460" caption="Very Naughty"][/caption]

Here the tie isnt quite as "fire engine scream it out loud" red as the previous two. Almost a blend between red and burgundy.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="460" caption="Nice!"][/caption]

And since you asked, Paul here is Brown with Burgundy, framed in with a cashmere v-neck sweater from Colombo and accompanied by the brown and burgundy parasol square.





In the words of Borat...



So what do you think? Naughty or nice?

Tis the season! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the Blog! Rest assured that I will get back to you!