Tuesday, March 23, 2010

S10 Tie By Tie (Mixing it Up)

For my kids shop, I love the Hickey Freeman His First. They use great fabrics and the construction is off the adult line.  The result is a kids suit made like a mans suit with detail and attention given to all matters.  Iits not a canvassed suit but its a well made fused one.

Anyway, in search of more than the typical shirt fabric that I have on the FIH site I borrowed a Hickey Freeman's kids shirt for the next tie.  The shirt and suit had enough stripes to warrant a plain (non patterned)  silk tie.  I spiced it up a little with the square.



Here is the square detail.  Blow it up and see just how well the colors go with the navy of the suit and green of the tie.



for a different spin on the square, a red with green trimmed vintage square here:



And shown in play here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the Blog! Rest assured that I will get back to you!